2019-2020 impact study – Case studies
5 case studies showing the diversity of ICVA’s ways of working globally and regionally were included in the 2019-2020 mid stratetgy impact study report.
- Case Study 1 • In its advocacy for the Sahel Region, understanding was grounded through its regular engagement with HCs and NGOs in the region.
- Case Study 2 • ICVA enabled the inclusion and participation of local and national NGOs in IASC coordination structures, notably the Operational Policy and Advocacy Group (OPAG) and Results Groups (RGs), for the first time after years of advocating for inclusion of national NGOs in the IASC architecture.
- Case Study 3 • ICVA helped improve NGO understanding of the “8 + 3 Template” by engaging local NGOs and field colleagues about the approach and the implications of the template during the pilot process in Iraq, Myanmar, and Somalia.
- Case Study 4 • ICVA’s increased engagement in China to facilitate a more diverse and inclusive approach to coordination and has helped to expand the role of Chinese NGOs in international forums and coordination mechanisms.
- Case Study 5 • Throughout 2020, ICVA worked to support members adjust to the substantial operational and financial challenges created by the pandemic. ICVA was able to do this by successfully integrating Covid-19 response activities into its current strategic focus areas and the ways of working (such as through engagement in the IASC mechanisms).